In-Person & Live Virtual
Get the reader’s attention! Long, tedious or badly written reports rarely do! This course will help participants to produce readable, persuasive and informative reports. Many people are unclear about how to write a report, they are unsure which style to use or may be concerned about the standard of their written English. This course examines written styles and shows participants how to structure and present reports.
- Why put things in writing?
- The Aims of a Report
- How people like to read reports
- Different types of report layout
- Handling technical information, fact & figures
- Developing a clear writing style
- Practical exercises on report writing
- Presenting the report
Any employee who is asked to compile a report or put information ideas or recommendations in writing. Those who feel they would like to improve their written communication skills will also benefit from the workshop.
This course will enable participants to:
- Understand the sections of a report and their purpose
- Select an appropriate report structure
- Write using a style appropriate for the report’s objectives
- Avoid ambiguity and points of confusion in reports
- Make clear and well supported recommendations