In-Person & Live Virtual
Many managers and supervisors have to take on responsibility for non-routine tasks or developments. These ‘special projects’ often require different skills from those in day-to-day management.
Those who find themselves having to do more ‘project management will find that this two-day course provides tools and techniques for managing a project successfully whilst also exploring ways to manage the ‘human elements’ too. These include influencing skills, managing both a project team and stakeholders in general, and understanding the impact of change in the workplace.
- What is a project?
- Why do projects?
- Key skills needed as a project manager
- Roles & responsibilities
- Project planning and project management tools
- Scope and objectives
- Communication strategies
- The impact of change
- Cost benefit analysis
- Post Implementation reviews
- Managing the project team
Managers and supervisors who want to become even more effective as leaders and motivators. It is particularly for those who have recently acquired a new team and/or who need to encourage their existing teams to perform and ‘pull together’ in the same direction.
This course will enable participants to:
- Understand the difference between leadership and management
- Select and adopt appropriate style to suit different situations and people
- Establish approaches for motivating individuals
- Understand the difference between a group and a team
- Understand the effects of different leadership styles
- Recognise the different roles within teams and what makes teams effective.